Twitter is a powerful social media tool for staying connected with your prospects and customers because people can get the latest updates or “tweets” from anywhere in the world at any time.
Here are some cool strategies for effectively marketing your business on Twitter:
- Conversational tweets. Talking to your customers shows that you are sincere and wish to help them genuinely solve their problems.
- Share valuable information with your niche. Often times you will come across good content that would be a good time for you to share with your audience. Everyone loves good old free content.
- Promotional tweets. You can lead your prospects to potential solutions to their problems by promoting stuff of interest to them.
- Keep track of the conversation. There are certain twitter tools that tell you when people are talking about you such as tweet deck. When you start to keep track of the conversation, you can start talking to your customers and fill their needs or find ideas for new products.
- Hold competitions. Use Twitter to engage your followers to partake in competitions or Twitter competitions to build massive hype about your business.
- Ask questions. Twitter can be also a free survey tool for you to find out more stuff about your target audiences such as their needs and problems.
Twitter isn’t about selling. However, it’s more about getting to know your customers at a more personal level as well as developing trust and goodwill among your followers. Once your customers start to know you well and trust you more, they will be more responsive to your offers. Always think of the long term over the short term.
Using Twitter for Branding Purposes
Twitter has been used by many famous figures to brand themselves among the community. However, It doesn’t matter whether people already know you or you want to get famous, you can harness the power of Twitter to effectively brand yourself. Here’s how:
If you are new to Twitter, search up some hashtags and join the conversation in some local communities, and in no time people will know about you. Your job is to provide valuable content and serve the community and people will naturally follow you.
Promote yourself on other websites
If you already have a following on your website, blog, or Facebook fan page, you can encourage people to follow you on Twitter. Also, you can invite others to follow you as well.
Create a customised Twitter background for yourself
You can put up contact details, accomplishments, links to your websites, etc on your Twitter background and anybody who sees your background will get a better sense and idea of who you are and what you do.
Do you want to be remembered by others as the person who started that great competition? A famous singer-songwriter and artist almost exploded her traffic by starting a tweeting competition for finishing a song she was working on.
Take a stand
Polarise your business or your community with a certain view and attract like-minded followers. Even better, invite people from the opposite viewpoint to join the conversation, and create huge hype and buzz in your community. That way, more people will know about you and what you stand for.
Twitter can be an extremely powerful branding tool, and if you know how to play your cards right. However, be careful of what you tweet. Your business Twitter account represents your brand and can affect what people think of your business.